WAIVE: RESPONSABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS DURING BIKING DEATH ROAD
XTREME DOWNHILL is a tour operator agency that offers specific mountain biking tour “THE DEATH ROAD”. The following waiver establishes the responsibilities and liabilities of XTREME DOWNHILL and that of the client who undertakes a mountain biking excursion with XTREME DOWNHILL.
In signing at the bottom of this document, I knowledge that I have read, understood and accepted the following points:
- I……………………………………………………………………….am responsible for informing this office (in writing) BEFORE the ride of any existing illness, injury or allergy that I have that might affect my ability to undertake the ride, or which might require treatment during the ride. Moreover, it is my responsibility to inform the guides of any extra help that I may need. I am also responsible for informing this office if I am inexperienced on mountain biking or am very nervous or scared of the ride in which I will be participating.
- I AM responsible to take care of my belonging documents, cellphones, money and clothes Xtreme Downhill is not responsible for losses theft and damage, neither in our Transport. I further agree that I am responsible of the equipment that will be provided by Xtreme Downhill for the biking tour, an any kind of damages incurred intentionally or willfully (even if I take the lead in another cyclist because I understand that is not a tour of competence) to Xtreme Downhill bicycles or equipment will be paid according to the damaged part or accessory of the gear. If the damage is the result of normal use, The Agency will not seek redress.
- I understand that the Xtreme Downhill’s guides, are trained in rescue and first aids, they are not qualified nurse or doctors, and as such the medical attention they will provide in the case of an accident is limited to first aid, and the medical supplies carried are also limited to those necessary to enable a person to be taken safely to professional and qualified secondary medical attention. I understand that if I should choose to take them, I do so of my own accord and at my own risk.
- I understand that there are risks associated with the activities I will be undertaking with Xtreme Downhill. I accept that it is neither desirable nor feasible to remove all risk from these activities and this risk is an essential part of the adventure experience and provides the challenge of outdoor activities. I am aware that Xtreme Downhill and its employees will take all reasonable and practicable steps to manage these risks to an acceptable level. At any time during this activity I understand I am free to ask for information on the activity and make my own decision on my level of involvement.
- I accept personal responsibility for my own actions during this activity, which I undertake at my own risk. I am also responsible to ensure that my action or inactions do not jeopardize the safety of others. I accept that Xtreme Downhill is not responsible or liable in the event of injury, loss or death resulting during the tour.
- I accept that if I’m under the influence of alcohol or drugs before the tour, the guide will decide if I am good conditions to do the biking tour or not, in order to prevent any kind of accidents or deaths.
- I accept that the guide in charge can take decisions to stop or cancel my biking tour if I don’t follow their instructions (playing with the bike, making jumps or perform dangerous biking tricks) or if I represent danger for the rest of the group.
- I further agree that if I am injured or become all during the activity Xtreme Downhill may, at my cost arrange or supply medical treatment, evacuation or any other emergency service on my behalf as Xtreme Downhill deems necessary or appropriate for my safety and well-being.
- I understand that I am in good health conditions (physical and psychological) to the take this tour, and nobody obligated me to take it, so the change of the day trip which I signed up, or do not turn up on time for my trip or the cancellation FOR ANY REASON for the day trip, the cancellation penalty will follow:
- If the trip is cancelled due to exterior factors, such as road blocks, extreme weather condition, forces of nature, acts of God, marches, political situations, civil and government disturbances Xtreme Downhill will reschedule the trip for the next available day without any extra cost but with no possibility of refund.
|48hrs notice cancellation on working hours office||25% penalty|
|24hrs notice cancellation on working hours office||50% penalty|
|Change of the day tour trip||35% of the trip’s cost addition of the money paid|
|Cancellation less than 24hrs before the tour||100% penalty|
|Not turn up on time for the day tour or no show||100% penalty|
In case of any intentional or willfully damage to the parts of a bike, you are in the right to pay the following prices
|Bicycle part||Simple suspension (prices in Bolivianos)||Simple suspension (prices in USD)||Double suspension (prices in Bolivianos)||Double suspension (prices in USD)|
|Hydraulic brakes||940||$ 138.24||1200||$ 176.47|
|Derailleur Support||60||$ 8.82||80||$ 11.76|
|Stem||150||$ 22.06||180||$ 26.47|
|Handlebar||70||$ 10.29||90||$ 13.24|
|Pedal||67||$ 09.85||85||$ 12.50|
|Front suspension||2828||$ 415.88||3182||$ 467.94|
|Rear suspension||650||$ 95.59||637||$ 93.68|
|Rear gearshifter||350||$ 51.47||350||$ 51.47|
|Rim and Spokes||220||$ 32.35||380||$ 55.88|
|Bicycle Frame||801||$ 117.79||3394||$ 499.12|
|Crank pedal and front pinion||884||$ 130.00||1061||$ 156.03|
|Chain guide and bearing – Iron Horse||200||$ 29.41||1061||$ 156.03|
|Fork||20||$ 2.94||25||$ 03.68|
|Shimano Deore Brakes Lever||160||$ 23.53||360||$ 53.00|
|Handlebar Grips (pair)||213||$ 31.32||213||$ 31.32|
|Tyre and air chamber||98||$ 14.41||120||$ 17.65|
|Hub||240||$ 35.29||340||$ 50.00|
|Shifters and Cables||350||$ 51.47||400||$ 58.82|
|Brakes pads||110||$ 16.18||110||$ 16.18|
|Saddle Blocker||60||$ 08.82||90||$ 13.24|
|Chain||70||$ 10.29||130||$ 19.12|
|Seat tube||80||$ 11.76||120||$ 17.65|
|Derailleur||60||$ 8.82||60||$ 8.82|
|Whole Bicycle||7975||$ 1172.79||12090||$ 1777.94|
|Equipment||Simple suspension (prices in Bolivianos)||Simple suspension (Prices in USD dollar)|
|Full face helmet||978||$ 143.82|
|Knee Pads||150||$ 22.06|
|Elbow pad||175||$ 25.74|
|Pant of oxford American fabric||160||$ 23.53|
I declare that I have attentively read and accept the above ten points of this declaration of risk and personal responsibility on ____/____/____ (day/month/year)
Full Name:___________________________________ Country:_____________________ Passport # :___________________ Height:_____ Weight:_____